Cabin Fever Festival weekender guide to our backyardBACK TO FUN STUFF
The annual pilgrimage to celebrate wintery good things down south Cabin Fever Festival is back for 2023. There are loads of good things to do, amazing things to drink, delicious things to eat and epic DJ’s to dance the night away to. Winter wanderers head down south, and see what’s cooking for a good weekender in our backyard – Dunsborough and Yallingup.
1. Head to Bungalow Social in Dunsborough, they have a drinks list and epic food menu to boot – and the good news is if you arrive on a Thursday night you can roll straight into “Social Kneads” a wood-fired pizza plus a glass of wine or a beer for $25. Otherwise if you would prefer a recovery on Sunday night they have “Sunday Shares”, featuring a sunday roast feast of mains, two side dishes and tiramisu to finish off for $35 per person.
2. Morning coffee needs can be met by our favourite hangout Tiny coffee, open daily from 7am.
3. Breakfast or brunch – head to the Dawn and Dusk, upstairs from The Pourhouse. Open from 7am to 11.30am daily, get your brioche or smashed avo fix with some fresh local breakfast beers on tap or a Bloody Mary on the side.
4. On Friday night 21st July Lagoon Yallingup is teaming up Bib and Tucker for a kitchen collaboration not to be missed. This will be one hell of a menu featuring their love and approach for local seafood. A few tickets are left, head here to book a table.
5. Saturday night 22nd July from 6.30pm head to our place for Lagerhaus. We’ve joined forces with Besk Bar to bring you the ultimate party. A night of lager and house music. The team at Besk have scoured the nation for an epic line-up of the most universally loved beer – Lager, to take over our guest taps, while we pull out some of our faves plus a couple of special EBBC releases. RTRFM DJ Jxnior will be spilling house beats for you to get down to all night long.
Here is first dibs of our Lager list by Besk:
White Bay Lager (nsw) 4.7%
Mountain Culture Equinox Marzen (nsw) 5.5%
Beak Dest Czech Pils (uk) 5%
Rothaus German Pils (de) 5.1%
Bottle Logic Hanamachi Yuzu (usa) 5%
Range Buddy Czech pale lager (qld) 4.2%
Fox Friday Clean Sweep Pilsner (tas) 5%
Garage Project Hapi Sessions: Immense World West Coast Pilsner (nz) 6%
Not a lager fan? Besk’s got you covered with a curated list of local natural wines. A special menu of share plates, curated by our Head Chef Rupert Brown and Besk’s Head Chef Tom Bidios, will also be available to purchase on the night. Epic beats, good times, delicious snacks and free drink on arrival. Grab your tickets here.
6. Pre drinks on Friday or Saturday – head to Lady Lola or Yarri for a cheeky cocktail, a glass of wine and some snacks. Both are very conveniently located pretty much next door to each other – so you could even do a mini cocktail crawl, great way to start an afternoon.
7. For any spare moments in between check out the new digs by South Camp, located in Dunsborough. Casual vibes with good eats, great drinks and awesome deck to enjoy some winter sunshine